Chattanooga’s Home Builder
It may sound a little strange, but at McCoy Homes, we admit that we don’t have some new, breakthrough method or process. We really don’t. We just do what we do, better than a good many of our competitors. We are wholly committed to building quality homes. We are careful to work with you, not around you. We make sure that our team communicates with all of our customers during every phase of every project. We work hard to supply our clients with the resources necessary to make educated decisions throughout the home building process.
- DREAM: Most – if not all – of our custom home projects get their start in a day dream. She’s dreaming about bigger closets and a real laundry room, he’s dreaming about an outdoor kitchen and more space for his tools, they’re dreaming about bigger bedrooms, a media room and – maybe – a pool? Our clients spend this phase pouring through Pinterest Boards, Houzz Profiles, Instagram Photos and Facebook Posts.They’re dreaming big, gathering ideas and weighing portfolios. During this phase you – as one of our future homeowners – will…
- IMAGINE YOUR Does it sit atop a rolling hill? Does an old tree provide it shade? Will you enjoy sunsets and sweeping views of distant mountains? Will you watch your children chase fireflies in your back yard?
- IMAGINE YOUR HOME. Will you have a grand estate, or a quaint cottage? Will you have open spaces, or clearly defined rooms? Will you casually entertain, or will you host formal parties? Where will you lounge?
- IMAGINE YOUR INTERIORS. Will they be bold, or will they be subtle? Do you prefer elegance, or casual comfort? Do you prefer timelessness, or trendiness? Will you hang photographs, family art, or fine art?
- IMAGINE YOUR TIME-LINE. When will you get started…next week, six months or next year? Will you build your dream little by little or all at once?
- PLAN: When you’re ready to narrow your focus, reach out to the McCoy Homes Design It is during this phase of the design process (known formally as the programming phase), that our design team will work to define the general scope of your project. We will identify your needs, your wants and any specific goals that you might have. During this phase you will…
- FIND YOUR Will you live in the city, on a mountain, or in the country?What will your neighborhood look like? Is there a clubhouse? Is there an HOA? How far will you commute? Where will your children attend school?
- FIND YOUR LENDER. How much will you put down? How much will you borrow?What is your credit score? Have you been pre-approved? Will you use a Local lender, National lender, or a Credit Union?
- FIND YOUR BUILDER. What does his portfolio look like? How do his clients describe him? Is he responsive? How well is he reviewed? How does he resolve conflict? Does he hold any accolades? Do you trust him? Do you like him?
- FIND THE PERFECT PLAN. How many people will live in your home? Will your children share bedrooms? How much entertaining will you do? Will you have family staying for extended periods of time? Do you need space for tools, toys, or sporting gear? Do you have home warranty plans?
- DESIGN: During the design phase, McCoy Homes’ award winning Design Team will take this dreamy idea, that gorgeous finish and the amazing floor plan that your sister found on Pinterest… and we’ll work them all In short, this is when our design team begins to shape your dreams into the design of your new home. We will develop floor plans, elevations and sections detailing the construction of your home. We will also begin to develop a finish package for your residence. During this phase you will…
- IDENTIFY YOUR STYLE. Are you subtle, bold, or do you fall somewhere in between? Are you a minimalist, or do you like patterns? Do you gravitate toward clean and uncluttered spaces? Do you prefer layers of texture, or pattern and color?
- PICK YOUR FINISHES. Hardwood or engineered wood? Polished or honed marble? Nickel or chrome? Gold or oil rubbed bronze? Lap siding or board and batten? Brick, rock, shake, or a combination? Warm or cool colors? Neutrals with a pop of color, or color everywhere?
- ADJUST YOUR PLAN. Does your plan meet all your family’s needs? Is the kitchen laid out efficiently? Are the rooms arranged logically for your family? Will you be able to entertain guests comfortably?
- SELECT YOUR Kitchen fixtures. Bath fixtures. Lighting fixtures. Will they be the same throughout, or vary from space to space? What finish will they have? Will they be energy efficient? Will they integrate into smart home technology? Will you want air conditioning throughout the entire property? (If so, see https://www.airnowhvac.com/heating-services/ for a range of HVAC solutions)
- BUILD: McCoy Homes is committed to being the easiest home builder you’ve ever worked with. We will remove as many stressful elements of the construction process as we can. One such element is the dreaded permitting process. The McCoy team will pull all necessary permits from the appropriate municipality or utility provider, so that you don’t have to. Our experienced foremen will over see our expert craftsmen from start to finish. Our team will work to make sure that your project is completed on time and on This, we promise! During this phase of the process you will…
- SIGN YOUR Did you read it? All of it? Are the numbers correct? Do you find the terms acceptable? Have you identified any risks? Do you feel adequately protected? Would you like your attorney to review your documents?
- BUILD YOUR HOME. When will you break ground? What happens next? How long will construction take? Will safety measures like trench boxes (if you don’t know what these are, read more here) be needed during construction? Can you avoid delay? How involved will you be? What exactly does your contractor do? Do you have responsibilities? What are they?
- CLOSE ON YOUR LOAN. What happens at closing? Who will be there? Can anything go wrong? If so, what? Did you make a punch list? Have the items been addressed? Who has the keys? Will you be able to move into your new home on closing day?
- MOVE INTO YOUR NEW HOME! Does the key fit? Do you have the garage door openers? Have you forwarded your mail? Have you set up your utilities, power, gas, and water? Have you established your waste pick up service? When will your furniture arrive? Is everything as it should be?